Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the steering column lock, I can’t see it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In a 2012 Nissan Maxima
3/13/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

FOR 2011 AND UP ON THIS CAR THE STEERING HAVE BEEN DELETED NO MORE

DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS ?

IF NOT PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE BEFORE YOU GO AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR ME OT GET CREDIT THANKS.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a problem, the car does not want to start, the key light is on all the time, and the theft light it blinks. I can use the
Key to open the doors and trunk. I can’t scan it with a computer. I though it was going to be the steering column lock, like
Older models. My question is causing the problem? Sometimes in a blue moon it starts

what color is the key light

r u there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The key is yellow, and the anti theft light is red

blinking light red is good yellow is a problem did you try to put the key in the key slot under the dash

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did,the same
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thing no start. Nothing change
u say it start sometime ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It started 5 days ago, a drove it for 2 days. Now does not turn on.
The ignition so not come on ?
Did you notice Any other problem with the car when i starred?
Ok R u there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It drove fine, no key light on. Right now as soon as I press the start button, the key light comes on
And when I press the second time all the lights come on. And no start

so the dash light up but on start ? when the dash light up is the red key light solid ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, only the yellow key is solid

and the engine / starter do not work correct

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You think is the starter?

don't know what to think yet so your saying the engine do not turn over /no starter operation ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, the engine does not turn over.

any clicking when you hit the start button ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only clicking a heard is under the dash, when the cluster light ups
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the way I don’t see the lights come on. When I install the key fog in the slot
It should not you most likely have a bad starter check for power at the starter when trying to start
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m going to check it in 2 hours
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No power to the starter when pressing the button, I started the car with the power probe

DO YOU HAVE A SUN ROOF ?

ALSO DO YOU SEE THE SIGNAL FOR P.N.D. IN THE DASH WHEN YOU MOVE THE SHIFTER ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I does have a sunroof, and yes I can see the PND on the screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I disconnect the starter connector and the key light goes away, and I get power to the connector
. When I connected the connector the light comes back
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do it think is the starter, and have internal short
I think you have a short
Check the sunroof drain poor water in the front driver side of the Sun roof and see if it comes out under the car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both sides works
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I will attempt to see if I can assist you with your issue. You mentioned that you can get the ignition to come on, but the car won't start. Have you been able to scan the vehicle for codes to see if you have any stored?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The scanner, can't read it

It can not communicate with the computer to check for codes when the ignition is turned on?

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I send the car to eletrico
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician