Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Again thank you for the serpentine belt information. I will…

Hi,Again thank you for the...
Hi,Again thank you for the serpentine belt information. I will need to replace the driver's seat belt before I put the 2009 Nissan Xterra 4WD into service. I've only found one posting while searching the Web: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-belt-assy-tongu~86885-zs08c.html?Make=Nissan&Model=Xterra&Year=2009&Submodel=&Filter=() and I want to be sure that part #86885-ZS08C is the only thing I need for the replacement. My seatbelt is locked. I thought about unlocking it through a company, but not sure about the reliability after it is unlocked. I plan to go to dealer to get airbag as the only ones I found on line were re-builds and that is too risky for me.
3/13/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello again, that is the only part you need. Is your airbag light on?

I will be taking the vehicle to my local dealer to replace the airbag unit as soon as I save enough money. I checked online for replacements and only saw used airbags listed and I am concerned about putting in a used driver's airbag.
Thank you for the answer about the seat belt.The airbag was deployed during the crash.

I personally don't think used parts are a problem so if they are going to save you a decent amount of money then I'd go ahead with the used part. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees and without opening new questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician