Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is the knock sensor for a 2000 Nissan Altima SE under

Customer Question
Hello Mike Is the knock...
Hello Mike Is the knock sensor for a 2000 Nissan Altima SE under manifold? I am having a problem getting thru emission test . I've replaced the EGR , what is suggested next to complete the project? The print out says P0720-Evap leak(0.080") detected /P0455_and P0720. I'm a woman so be easy, do I need to replace everything to pass NOW? Thanks!!! Deborah
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/13/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.Please give me a few moments to review your question

Ok, So the knock sensor is located on the back side of the engine block above the oil filter. But neither of these codes are for that.

The P0455 is a evap gross leak code. Most commonly caused by the Evap Vent control valve. But the Canister that the valve is mounted to also cracks normally when trying to remove it. So you would need a vent control valve and canister to resolve that code.

The P0720 is a Revolution Sensor on the Transmission. That would need to be properly checked to determine if it's wiring issue or a sensor issue. Or if there is a internal transmission issue causing that code.

Where did you come up with the knock sensor?