Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada and the navigation screen went…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada and the navigation screen went black. Also I cannot turn the radio off or change channels. The steering controls will not turn it off either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Where would that be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself. It jsut occurred a few days ago and I haven't tried anything yet. I am not a mechanic and not sure how to go about it myself. The dealership costs too much and charges me for doing a diagnostic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/13/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I will do what I can to see if I can help you with this, but it may require a scanner.

So the first thing we need to do is to check all fuses with a test light. Do you know how that is done? Also do you have a Test light?

No, I do not have a test light and I don't know where the fuses are located.

Well you have a fuse box over on the passenger side when you open the glove box. Then you have a fuse box by the battery under the hood and back by the firewall on the passenger side.

Let me get you a video on how to check fuses with a test light so you can see how it's done. Hang on a min..

That is the first thing we need to check. Once we have determined all fuses are good, then we know that all circuits should be operating with all the proper power. So we would move on to the next step. But rule of thumb, if any electrical issues, you always start with checking fuses.

A test light you can pick up at your local auto parts store for like 20 to 50 bucks. So let me know how you make out after checking all fuses?

No, I do not have a test light and I don't know where the fuses are located.Okay, thanks. I'll go the AutoZone and get a test light.

You got it