Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is there a fee? Maybe later. Thank you. I have a 2008

Customer Question
Is there a fee? ...

Is there a fee?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Nissan Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Maybe later. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have a 2008 Altima. The driver’s power window controls have stopped working and I have no control of the rear passenger windows, the front passenger windows, and now today, my own window. I’ve removed both fuse boxes to check to see if it is a blown fuse, but none of the fuses are labeled “windows.” Which fuse might it be? Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/12/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, the windows are controlled by the BCM, there isn't any specific fuses for the windows directly.

Do the respective windows work from their OWN switches?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From the driver controls, I can only make both rear windows go down (not up). Everything else doesn’t work on that control. The front passenger windows work fine from that position. Both the rear windows roll down from their positions, but the rolling up is very slow (especially the left rear passenger window).Thanks.

Well based off the that alone we know that "power" is not an issue here. The power is getting at least to the passengers and rear window motors. The fact that they go very slowly indicates the copper brushes in the motors are wearing out or the regulator assembly needs to be greased up.

The front switch seems to be bad from the symptoms, but I would like to confirm that instead of guess if you have a volt meter we can proceed to do so?

let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, Jake. I’ll borrow one and get back to you.

sounds good.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician