Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Eng cvt trans and a guy told…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Eng cvt trans and a guy told me that the transmission pressure selenoid has a recall on them is that true

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

About a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not anything took it to Autozone and engine light on and they said trans pressure sensor or solienoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And it doesnt drive when it gets hot

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

can I have your VIN?

1n4Al21E48C158486

There are no open recalls for your vehicle.

There is a 10 year / 120k miles CVT warranty on the vehicle, but that may be at it's end as well.

can you tell me exactly what code you have? I can give you a better idea of what's going on.

The code is p0842

Well P0842 isn't a code for this transmision.

P0841 and P0845 are Transmission pressure sensors though.

These transmissions were initially not being repaired or rebuilt by dealers, but they are now and parts can be ordered without transmission replacement.

The pressure sensors affected are inside the transmission case though and do require removing the transmission pan and possibly the control valve as well.

There are no bulletins or recalls related to these codes though, just so your aware.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
I forgot what Autozone said but it one of those i know the car doesnt drive when you drive it and it gets hot
Thank you!!!

your welcome.