Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Nissan Altama it starts and runs fine for 20…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Nissan Altama it starts and runs fine for 20 min.. or so then it just dies and won't restart for hours.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've put a new fuel pump in it,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When it starts it runs fine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/12/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does your 2002 Altima have a 2.5 or 3.5 engine? Also do you know if you have a Service Engine Soon light when it's running? Was any work done on the car recently?

service engine light no, 2.5 engine. I put a new fuel pump in it

do you have a scanner to do some checks? How did you determine it needed a fuel pump?