Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 infiniti i35. When i press the accelerator to…

Customer Question
Hello tom i have...

Hello tom i have a 2003 infiniti i35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your I35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

When i press the accelerator to pick up speed it stalls and the slip and tcs light comes on first i thought it was the tranny since the oil was low but i topped it off and the shifts feel way better

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

The check engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everytime i shut the car off the lights will go away except the check engine light

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no i am just concerned if its the transmission thats all
3/12/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Is the engine completely stalling out? or do you just lose power and cannot accelerate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i step on the gas and i feel like the car stall but then it catches and down shifts to accelerate on highway

Gotcha, first thing I would do is have the engine codes read since the service engine light stays on. Just to make sure the cam sensor is not failing, usually when they fail though the engine completely stalls and needs to be restarted.

If your just getting the slip light and TCS light and have no throttle, then this is the ABS system restricting the throttle because it thinks a wheel is slipping. This is because one of the wheel speed sensors is failing. You need to use a scanner that can graph the ABS wheel sensors while driving. This will tell you exactly which one is bad.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know what the price range would be to diagnose the issue?

diagnosis and repair will run about $200.

the repairs are fairly easy, so it would make the most sense to have them diagnose and repair since they will likely waive the diagnostic fee when you pay them for the repairs. Total cost should run in the $200-$250 range.

If you need anything else just let me know.

If not please just remember to leave a kind rating!

thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Of course one more thing. Can you recommend a shop in the queens ny area?

I honestly am not familiar with your area unfortunately or I would.

I would check around for either a reputable dealer or just a import or Nissan specialist.

if I am not familiar with an areal, I generally tell customers to get online and look at repair pal reviews for repair facilities in their area. The reviews generally are a good indicator of who can be trusted.

If you need anything else just let me know. If not please just remember to leave a kind rating! thanks.

Checking back to see if you still needed assistance?

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician