Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The ABS system activates on dry pavement and then the system…

The ABS system activates...

The ABS system activates on dry pavement and then the system quits and the light comes on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

I believe it is just the ABS light as the brakes seem to work normal after the light comes on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1997 Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself if I can. I havent tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The problem started after I regreased the front wheel bearings.

3/12/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

did you get codes from the system yet ?

No, I am not sure how to get the codes.
One other thing is that I installed new front shocks before the problem started, but I was quite careful with the wires and everything seemed normal when I put things back together.

o​k you will need to get the codes to see what sensor is causing the problem

Can I do that without a code scanner?

this is a 1997 year correct ?

1997 nissan pathfinder

r u there ?

hello do you have any more questions ?

i​f you have no more questions please rate the service before you go thanks.

HI, sorry about the delay, I had some issues. Anyway. How long is the code?

count the flash from the abs light

Right. there seem to be different flashes like morse code.
Can you send me the code list paper?
Thanks for the info. Is there also a diagram of where the parts are (besides the actual wheel sensors)?
I have the codes, Thank you. To finish the session could you send the info of where different parts are located. Thanks a lot

please remember to rate

OK Thanks for your help

your welcome .

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech