Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My vds and battery light is on and my car stalling out I…

My vds and battery...

My vds and battery light is on and my car stalling out I think its my wiring harness because my machenic damaged my alternator pig tail and I have another pigtail but I dont know if its a good fit because I keep stalling out and alternator stops Charing battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Bought new battery last night and this my second alternator. Where can I get a nissan murano sl 2010 wiring harness for the alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything but change harness

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Okay I just need to know what's going on or if they can just tell me who sell nissan murano alternator wiring harness because I looked everywhere and junk yards are my nightmare because they hassle of disconnecting the part without damaging it. I dont want to go to dealer they want 1200 for part
3/11/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

if you need a call please hit the accept button

Okay
Do you see my problem

yes look like you just need the alternator connector .correct ?

or the wires damage also or just the plastic connector to the alternator /

When auto zone hooks it up they see no codes. As if nothing is wrong but the battery light will flicker and mintuea later the vds light comes on and vehicle stalls out

you requested a phone call buy you will have ti hit accept to get that if you still need

you have a low or no voltage from the alternator if the connector is damage this will happen

No thanks . hey the pigtail was chafed out but its not the exact match
Okay where can I buy another besides dealer

are the wire damage

or just the plastic connector ?

I don't know I dont believe they are

ok let me check for you

Thanks
I really appreciate

ok the part number for just the connector is j-48817-142 but you may only be able to get it at the dealer it should only coast about $15

n​o one is really going to carry this because it is not a commonly sold part

do you have any more questions ?

just one one more o wanted to know why nissan is trying to sell me the whole harness for 1200 when all I need is the connector. Will they sale me just connector since I have the part number

yes they will sale you just the connector . most people do not even know you can get just the connector and it take some time to get the correct part number so they don't do that

Thanks man u are my hero hopefully I can update you are have you on file for another problems in the future thanks man

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech