Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Nissan maxima and it drives fine but slow its…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Nissan maxima and it drives fine but slow its not shifting

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

It only have 156 thousand miles when the rpm gets to 3 it stays there and only go 60 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I had got it tested they say it may be a sensor that the motor tells the transmission to shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about it,

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Thanks , I will try that you have been helpful

You're welcome, thank you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link in case you need me again later on.

I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)\

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor