Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I swapped out the EMC relay car still won’t start. I sprayed…

I swapped out the...

I swapped out the EMC relay car still won’t start .

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

I sprayed starting fluid in to the air intake and it didn’t sound any different so I think I’m getting fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Yes all starts right up and never a problem with excilleration 2030,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I swapped the emc relay with the fog light relay didnt make a difference ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I took the gas gas cap of and could hear gas pump turn on for a couple seconds I tried starter fluid in the air intake to see if it would start for a second I’m starting to think I’m not getting spark

3/11/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 2008 Nissan is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Armada v8 LE

When you turn the key to the ON position, does the Radiator Fans come on? Also, see if the Security Light is ON SOLID when the key is in the ON position also and let me know...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fan does not go on and I’m not sure what the security light is. If it is a red car yes it lights up solid

The Red Car is the Security light. If that light is ON Solid when the key is in the ON position, the key you are using either lost programming or has never been programmed to truck. Do you have another key you can try?

That is what is keeping the truck from starting. The immobilizer system is active cause you are tying to start the truck with a key that is not programmed, or lost programming.

That is why I am asking if you have another key you can try?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No this is the key I always use . I’m 3 hrs from home

Then the only way you can get the truck to run, is to have all fuses checked to make sure they are good. Call a Mobile Locksmith to see if he can reprogram that key. If the key can not program, you may have a ECM that has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I swapped out the ecm with the fog lights relay I saw on line how to do that but it didn’t work

That is the Ecm Relay, I am talking about the Actual ECM. You would be able to determine that when programming keys.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the ecm ?
Is that the white board the relay is plugged into

No, that is the IPDM. The Ecm stands for Engine Control Module. That is the Computer for the Engine to run.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I replace that or do you need to be a dealer ? Does it need to be programmed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is it located ?

The computer comes blank, so it would need to be programmed. Of course only the dealer could do that. But focus on the key programming first. As of right now, that is the only thing I can verify that is keeping the engine from starting. When the Immobilizer is active, it kills injector pulse, so no fuel is going into the engine. So I would see if you can contact a Mobile Locksmith to program your key for you and see if that resolves your issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you you have
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician