Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lt will not start. It will crank, it has fire at the plugs,

Second opinion] lt will...

Second opinion] lt will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It will crank, it has fire at the plugs, it is loading the cyclinders with fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. we checked fuel pressure about 45psi, good cylinder compression, good rythmic fire at the spark plugs. son was driving car and it just stopped and now it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

we tried all the things david recommended and the car still will not start. I think david is off so wanted to talk to someone so I can try and figure this thing out
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I was the expert helping you earlier this morning, then it looks like you mistakenly opt'd out on me which did not allow me to respond. Would you like to continue with me?

i finally got the problem figured out. thanks

What was the issue if you don't mind me asking?

the bolt came out of the rotor under the distributor cap. that caused the timing to be off... which caused the cylinders to load up with fuel.. which caused the engine to be flooded and not start

Cool, glad you found the issue. It's interesting that it would still provide spark. It would normally be a inconsistent spark when testing.

Glad you got your issue resolved.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
that was very strange. have a good evening

You too..