Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ITS NOT SHIFTING OUT OF FRIST GEAR NO MATER HOW HIGH THE…

Customer Question
ITS NOT SHIFTING OUT...

ITS NOT SHIFTING OUT OF FRIST GEAR NO MATER HOW HIGH THE RPMS GO

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

IM NOT A CAR GUY BUT I THINK ITS A 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Nissan?

MAXIMA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

IM TRYING I HAVE CHANGED THE TRANS FLUID AND JUST REPALCED THE SPEED SENCER

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THE SHIFT LOCK DOESNT ALWAYS RELASE

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
LOOK IT UP IT IS A 95
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the Transmission will not shift out of 1st gear ( assuming it's a Automatic Transmission ) that is either due to a mechanical failure in the transmission or a stuck valve in the valve body. So what you would need to do is remove the valve body and have it checked or have a Transmission shop remove it and check it. If it checks out, then the transmission would need to be removed and opened up to determine the cause of the internal failure only allowing 1st gear to engage.

Do you have any more questions on this?