Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just replaced the left(rear) valve cover for my 2007

I just replaced the...

I just replaced the left(rear) valve cover for my 2007 Nissan Quest 2 of the seals for the spark plug were cracked. After reassembling there is a noise like a balloon whining that stops while accelerator is depressed. I ended up with a P0406 error code. and rough idling. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

I want to say consistent but it gets worse the longer at a standing idle. And more consistent the longer it has been running. After initial starting not as bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not taken it back apart since replacing the valve cover Friday afternoon. But I am not sure where to start. I was thinking of going back through everything to make sure a hose or something may not be connected properly. I just have not had the chance yet. I was not doing this prior to changing the valve cover, but I had a misfire on fire that I attributed to oil getting into the spark plug well because of the seal crack.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is as much as I got right now.

3/11/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
If you have oil in the cylinders you will need to replace the valve cover and just the gaskets
If there is a bollon type noise and a miss then you most likely have a intake leak or a vacuum hose loose
You should recheck your work to start
If you have any more questions
If not please rate the service before you go thanks
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech