Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was working an a car last night and Craig was helping. we…

Customer Question
I was working an a...
I was working an a car last night and David Craig was helping. we did not solve the problem. so I would like to continue working on a solution for a 2001 Nissan Altima will not start. How do I continue this process
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/10/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the Security light on Solid?

I reviewed your question with the previous expert. Spark plugs are getting soaked with fuel? Did your son just get gas before this happened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
security light is off. I do not think he just got gas. he was driving down the road and it just shut off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we have taken the plugs out multiple times and dryed them and they get flooded with gas after cranking the car a few times

May want to ask if he recently got gas before this happened. Also since all plugs are getting soaked, remove the fuel pump fuse and all spark plugs and turn the engine over and lets dry out the cylinders first. To much fuel will wash out the cylinder walls and lower compression . So we need to dry the cylinders to bring compression level back up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. i will do that and will also try and contact my son about getting gas. he is out with a friend

Cause normally when cylinders keep loading up like that, it's cause of bad gas. That is why I was wondering if he recently got gas.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok plugs were very wet again. do you know where the fuse is for fuel pump? the two fuse boxes under hood do not have it

They fuel pump fuse is under the hood by the battery. It's labeled on the fuse box cover.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

no problem.. Try to remember your JustAnswer log in information. So when you log back in all you have to do is go to My Questions to return back to this question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do you mean by login information?
I found fuse it was under dash. It is out and I cranked the car and dryed out the cylinders
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should I put plugs back in now that they are dry?

I was just saying, when you created your JustAnswer account. You have a user name and password. So if this question closes out, you just need to log in and go to My Questions to return back to this question.

So since you dried out the cylinders, what I would try to do is keep the fuse just about installed, and start turning the engine over and while it's turning over, insert the fuse and see if it fires up. If the soaks out again.. Then I am fairly sure he must have gotten gas recently and you have bad gas.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I will try that. have not heard back about gas yet. is there any way of checking gas to see if it is bad? there is about a quarter of a tank of gas in the car

The only way is to take a fuel sample and if you visually can't see it, then a sample needs to be sent to have it checked.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he said he got gas the day before and drove it for awhile, then while he was driving the next day it died
. I cranked the car with the fuse out and it fired once, but did not start. then the cyclinders loaded up... I pulled a plug and it was wet
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to switch mechanics. it just appeared that Jay went offline
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do you unblock him. I am new to this site
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician