Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have headlights nothing else electrical, changed the two…

Have headlights nothing else...

Have headlights nothing else electrical, changed the two relay fuses and not the fuel pump one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Ok wait hubby says all the lights work and horn works but nothing else.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

94 se 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried the two big relay fuses under the hood, one said check relay, one said fuel pump and one said main

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He replaced two of them with new

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If this is a 94 Truck, and the Head lights work, but nothing else electrically does, that is a blown fusible link. You have a wire type fusible link. So you would need to replace this to resolve your issue. Let me get you a image as a example.

hang on..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax98soh7f8exkpv/fusible%20link%2012.jpg?dl=0

This plugs into the Positive battery terminal area. This is what is causing your issue. You don't have the Big Fuses as the newer trucks do. You have this wire type.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where about is this fuse found?

Can you take a picture of what you found and show me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the three relay were under the hood. we are 35 miles from where the truck died

Relays? Yes you have them. But with out seeing what your talking about it's hard to say. I would get this Main Fusible Link and when you get to the truck, if you want to take pictures of what you are talking about and show me, I can then tell you what they maybe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is the fuseable link next to the fuse box?

It's right next to the Battery

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the relay fuses that are under the hood on the side and on top of the passenger side wheel well. They are large and green. One was marked fuel pump, one was marked check and one was marked main.He knows the type of fuse you sent picture of, just need location of it

If you follow the Positive Battery terminal cable behind the battery, you will find it in line in that cable.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok he knows where to look. What size fuse would it be, so maybe he can get the part before we go, there are no parts shops or garages for 35 miles of where the truck is

I forget the amperage fuse it is.. But if you get it from your autoparts store they have that info

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, for my piece of mind, hahaha. what kind of fuse will he be asking for?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Amperage fuse?

Main Fusible Link. It's a Wire Type..

Just opened up the factory service manual and it doesn't show the amperage of the fusible link. Just says Fusible link

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok,

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
looking to see how to get this on his phone

All you need to do is ask for a Main Fusible link.

Just explain that it is the wire type

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will do sir

But I am 99.9% sure this is the issue. Especially since you mentioned the Head Lights work. That is the only thing that does not go through that fusible link. So that is one way of determining if you have a bad fusible link

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** let you know. :) Can I wait till we come back before I give you five stars for your excellent knowledge! Darn truck has been good to us, only once in shop for a horn that would go on by itself! 190,000 miles. Clutch is starting to slip. 5 speed.

The way the Rating system works, is that is how I get credit for my work. If you have any follow up questions on this topic, you are always welcome to return back to this question and I will continue to help you. Follow up questions are no extra charge even after you Rate me.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then I will give you a five star rating!! I'll let you know how it goes!!! Thanks so much.

Your welcome and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Let me know how you make out..

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician