Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A warning sound is chiming when I'm dri. 2. driving

Customer Question
A warning sound is...

A warning sound is chiming when I'm dri

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2. driving especialll at highway speeds.The seat belts are fasten and I'm sure I'm in between the lines. Please advise. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

It's a warning chime or bell sound that sounds every minute or two.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went tot the settings to try and turn off the warning sound.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Are there any lights on in the dash when your driving?

No lights on dash.

something is causing that if no lights on in dash it will need to be put on a professional level scanner and all the monitors checked out for errors.

I turned system beeps off. I don't think a phone call will help if I need to go to the dealer.

thats a system prompted call as stated in the original greeting message

I spoke to Nissan and they said it will take a couple hours to diagnose the problem.

this would be correct,

Is there any setting I can turn off from the on board computer menu. Where is the camera for the lane departure system, could dirt on it cause that can of problem?

theres a different setting for the departure system, it uses the rear camera for that and unless its caked n mud it wont be an issue, there could be about 30 or so different reasons you have this warning chime, I would do the diagnostics first to see what could be the problem