Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rough idle after replacing distributor/cap/plugs. It through…

Rough idle after replacing...

Rough idle after replacing distributor/cap/plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

It through the P0340 code the other day, from what i gathered the the camshaft sensor is built into the distributor. after changing this morning now it barely wants to start and idles terrible once started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2003 Frontier , 3.3L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far i took it to a mechanic where he changed the crankshaft sensors, and a few other sensors that i cant think of off the top of my head, now after a 1000 dollar bill for him im trying to do it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ive changed plugs and fuel filter also does it cost to talk to the mechanic

3/9/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

if you have a cam sensor code and a rough idle and hard or no start replace the distributor assemble this should fix you problem

let me know if you have anymore questions

i changed that already
ive double,tripled checked plugs and firing order but no luck there either

so after you replace the unit you start to have the rough idle ??

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
yea it didnt have a rough idle until i replaced it

ok sound like the distributor is not timed correctly do you have a timing light ?

no sounds like ill have to take it to a shop

yes you need to get the timing adjusted if you have no more questions please rate the service before you go thanks.