Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just fixed my Alternator. and a new battery. my car radio…

I just fixed my...

I just fixed my Alternator. and a new battery. my car radio will shut off, so does my idle needle, will go up and down. Airbag light goes on and off. all my lights on dash board goes off and on. not sure if its a sensor or fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. and my car lights and alarm is weak.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

I have to charge my Battery pack to my car battery for my car to start!

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2001 Nissan Maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed my Alternator and the main belt.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did By pass the sensor to the air take

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
car shakes when car is on. Everything goes on and off on my dashboard.(ABS, Airbag, Battery,etc,..) need help!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know what could be the problem?
3/9/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi did you have this problem before you replace the battery and alternator?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well it did happen. and i new it was my alternator was the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i thought it was my battery when this problem happened. so i brought a brand new battery. and a new alternator,. Its still doin the same problem but worse. Car dies when im driving.. car lights is Dim. radio shuts off!
Have you tested the new alternator because it looks like you still have a charging system problem
Have the charging system tested you may have got a bad new or rebuilt alternator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its a new alternator. tested it. its GOOD!
im not sure if my battery is getting charged from my alternator,. Could it be a connection on the battery?
if the cable is loose or corroded the alternator should be tested on the car at the batter with a charging system tester
New do not mean it is good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could this be why my car alarm? lights? idles? radio shutting off? is the battery? Also i have to jump start my car for itto drive.
Did you check the battery voltage with the engine running?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope
You need to do that to see if the battery is getting charge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have a 20 volt battery charger. when i connect it to my car battery my charger pack drops really low
If not check the cables and test the alternator again with a system tester they will do it free at auto zone
That is because the battery power is low
My recommendation is to test the battery for charging voltage and test the new alternator and inspect the battery cables
Do you have any more question
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no!
But i will do that. Thank you!
Your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Please use the rating button on the top of the chat page as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks
Thanks
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech