Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The 10 amp fuse is blowing for the tail lights, it appears…

Customer Question
The 10 amp fuse...

The 10 amp fuse is blowing for the tail lights, it appears that this same fuse provides power to the glove box light and the lights on the radio and ac controls. I physically disconnected all wiring harnesses to these items listed and the fuse still blows. I am looking for a wiring schematic for this so I cantrace the wiring and find the short.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Nissan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It is a 2013 Nissan Altima coupe 2.5s

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

here you go

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see the glove box light or the radio ac control indication lights. We noticed the radio and ac controls were not lit up, therefore I was investigating why, and noticed that the tail light's etc were not working either. This schematic does not show the radio ac or glove box on the same 10 amp fuse.last night I I disconnected the radio and ac controls and replaced the 10 amp fuse and briefly got the glove box and tail lights to work for about 5 seconds then blew a fuse again.

standby

because they are not tied into the circuit for the tail lamps

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so the radio and ac/heat controls work, but at night I can't see the control knows and buttons because the back light is not on, the globe box light does not work either? Along with the tail lights. My brake lights work. And the marker lights at front of vehicle works.

totally different circuit, you might have wiring issues in the fuse box

tail lights

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The second schematic says 2007 Toyota camry?

oops. my bad. standby

here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am looking at the schematic, the hazard lights work front and back? According to this schematic they should not be working? I have the fuse pulled. I also do not have a tail lamp relay in the engine compartment power distribution module?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Map lights work also.

yes you do have a taillight relay, its integrated into the fuse panel circuit board

your IPDM is bad

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why would the hazard lights and interior map lights work if they are on the same circuit. What is the IPDM, the whit box with the fuses and wiring?

the IPDM is the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks

sure

ipdm

hows it going?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting on the part to arrive.

ok, thanks

any updates?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Received the new part today. Fuse still blowing!

im not sure on this then, let me open this up to the others to chime in.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician