Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It shuts off when I am in heavy traffic. 1998 nissan altima.

Customer Question
Hi. It shuts...

Hi. It shuts off when I am in heavy traffic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1998 nissan altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've taken it to a "corner" garage and he was not sure. The check engine light is not on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It's not on at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. It only seems to happen when the engine is hot and I'm in bumper to bumper traffic.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
Since the service engine soon light is not on i recommen you replace the distributor as it is very common for the unit to go bad and cause this problem and not even turn the light on
If you have any more question please ask if not please rate the service before you go thanks.