Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] The navigation system on my 2015 Nissan

Customer Question
Second opinion] The navigation...

Second opinion] The navigation system on my 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum needs updated maps/directions. What do I need to do to get that done?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder Platinum yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have just tried to use it. When I do, it gives me incorrect directions

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do I have to buy a new system or is there software/download available since I am still under factory warranty?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Navigation updates are done by CD's. So you would buy the Navigation updates CD's to install the update. Here is where you would buy the update.

http://nissan.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Pathfinder_2015_US/Nissan-Navigation-System-X9-DVD-Year-2018-for-U.S.-and-Canada/sku/U4513-0070-710NAM/en_US/NissanNA/USD

Map Updates are not under warranty. They would need to be purchased.

Dealers do not have these disc's in-stock, and can not perform map updates, so you would need to order them online. If you do not feel comfortable installing the discs to do the Map update, then the dealer can do it for you for a fee.

The only thing that would be under warranty is if there is a software update for the system as long as you are with in the 3 years or 36k mile warranty. That does not include Map Updates. Only Software for the navigation. But the Map Cd's comes with a software update as well with the Map updates.

But this is how you would update the Navigation system.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

I cancelled the account
I then called my local dealer and I have an appointment next week for them to correct my problem

What is your problem exactly?