Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My engine light came on and the obd2 code is p1446 and I do…

Customer Question
My engine light came...

My engine light came on and the obd2 code is p1446 and I do not know what to do to fix it please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

The car belongs to a friend and yes i scanned for the code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

05 nissan sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and i only used the scanner for the first time and do not know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how do i fix it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.​ Give me a few minutes to pull up information for you, thanks.

This code sets when the PCM detected the EVAP Canister Vent Valve remained closed. The EVAP canister vent control valve is located on the EVAP canister and is used to seal the canister vent.​ This usually means the vent valve has failed, here are replacement instructions. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuymujjerkobejf/cvv.pdf?dl=0

Dan, Technician