Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My my My a.c. is blowing hot air, No, I have not. 2015

My my My a.c...

My my My a.c. is blowing hot air

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

No, I have not.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have not tried anything I will take it to someone but I am trying to understand the issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had my oil changed 2 weeks ago along with a new engine and air filter. Also, I have noticed more smoke coming out of the exhaust

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Nikki,

Did the shop that installed the new engine evacuate and recharge the AC system after the install?

Ok

Nikki,

Was the AC working right before the engine install?

It was a new engine filter

Okay so the AC was not worked on then?

No a.c. work. The a.c. starred having issues afterwards

Okay, I would return to them and have them start with making sure nothing was left loose while they were performing their service and if that checks okay then the next step would be to have them install there AC pressure gauges and read the system pressure. If the system is low it will keep the compressor from kicking on.

Ok, the dealership swears that none of the work that I did should interfere with the a.c.. I believe it was something that they did in error.

If it was working before there repair then you may very well be correct. There is no way for them to know that without at least having a look.

Ok. Thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician