Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have issues about my climate control on the 2015 PF, When…

I have issues about...

I have issues about my climate control on the 2015 PF,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Nissan?

When I push the buttons, there is a loud sound coming from the engine and it vibrates my steering as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Nissan platinum

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I replaced the power steering fluid yesterday and also changed the pulley but the sound is still so loud

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I initially took it to pep boys where they changed the fluid and pully, they thought it might be the belt but now that I am still having the same loud noise issues I am going to Nissan this morning

3/8/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This sounds like an issue with the air conditioning compressor itself.It sounds like it is failing to try to lock up.This puts a heavy load on the engine and belt and causes this sound and vibration.AC compressor failure can occur like this suddenly and the compressor tries to switch on when the ac is turned on or defrost settings.So if this is occurring when adjusting settings on the climate control the ac compressor needs to be checked into to see if it needs to be replaced which I suspect it will have to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Great! I did not have issues with the AC in summer time, and I have not used the AC this winter time. Will issues on AC compressor happen just like that? Thanks. Funmi

Unfortunately, the ac compressor can start to fail suddenly like this even in the winter.Anytime defrost is used the ac compressor turns on to dehumidify the air in the vehicle to prevent fogging so it sounds like the compressor has started to fail this winter.This was a common fault unfortunately and the ac compressor has to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician