Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Coolant hose behind the engine block leaking, what is it…

Customer Question
Coolant hose behind the...

Coolant hose behind the engine block leaking, what is it called?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

Well I found the hose, it dissolved in my fingers. 2001 infinity qx4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

AI or human?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
I have a 2001 Infinity QX4, found the leaking hose behind the engine block. I need to k ow what it’s called so I can schedule repair. Thank you in advance.
3/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The hose that you are seeing, can you tell if it goes into the firewall?

It does

T​hank you. The hose that you are looking at is a heater hose. It helps transport coolant to the heater core under the dash. This coolant is what keeps the heater hot in cold weather. Here I am attaching labor information for this job. The labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.