Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My keyless, antitheft, and speed control are all acting

Customer Question
My keyless, antitheft, and...

My keyless, antitheft, and speed control are all acting bonkers

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

What is fob?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've not tried anything, but I found all three are relayed in the same box under the hood, next the fise box

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
After my lunch break I was getting out of the truck and my security system went off for no reason. It wouldn't shut off when I put the key in and the button on my keyring wouldn't shut it off either. After nearly a minute and several attempts, the key finally turned it off in the ignition. After work, on my way home (40 minute drive) the hazard lights came on several times, at least 5, and my truck was idling high
I thought I smelled electrical smell, like electronics getting hot, but my sense smell is poor. I can't be certain
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 4 months ago
mike switzer

do you have the factory anti theft or is this an aftermarket kit? and is there anything aftermarket on the vehicle?