Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 murano headlights are a hazard because they don't light…

2012 murano headlights are...

2012 murano headlights are a hazard because they don't light adequately. Is there a recall on these

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

No, but will. And thanks!!! The lights do light up but light just don't do the job at all. Dealer has been involved and "finds nothing wrong>

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not ... been relying on the dealer. Though of checking with the Nissan zon/regional folks but have felt that the dealer has ben connected with the them about this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, only that we have been using our high beams anytiume we reasonably can just to be able to see ahead safely. And, thank again!!!

3/7/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

hey there, thanks for the question.

There are no headlight recalls. If you give me your VIN I can see if you have any outstanding recalls at all on your vehicle.

My advise would be to make sure the headlights are aimed properly, otherwise they are worthless if not pointed at the road.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.Jake!VIN JN8AZ1MW1CW233423Fred

Thanks Fred, i did just confirm that you have no open recalls on your Murano.

Do you know if the car was ever in a wreck? even a minor front end collision?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't know, Jay. Purchased it from dealer used off lease in 2014 and have been living unhappily with this ever since. I believe that we received a carfax (or some similar report) that showed no know problem like collisions. Fred

Gotcha, just wanted to be sure as the headlights might have been replaced at that time and not aimed properly.

The first step here would obviously be verifying the headlights aim properly. If once aimed properly the lighting is still poor it would be worth inspecting the bulbs, the sockets, headlight harnesses, and making sure the proper amp fuse is installed in the IPDM, as well as checking the voltage readings at the lamps themselves.

if the headlight lenses are severely oxidized, then you would need to replace them or have a body shop sand them and buff them clear to remove it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay ... Thanks Jake. I'm going to take this down to the dealer and ask him to do as you've suggested until the headliughts are fixed ( expecially since he'll have the car anyway to take care of a few other things he'll be doing in the electrical system). Learned that I'd probably be wasting time with the Zone office and need to find out and focus on what's specifically out of spec on my car. Well worth the chat, Jake and thanks again!!!

Your most welcome.

If you need anything else let me know. If not please just be sure to leave a kind rating.

thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It will be my peasure, Jake.

thanks.

Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician