Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to replace the starter on a 96 Nissan Maxima v6, is…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the starter on a 96 Nissan Maxima v6, is there a how to maunual. With pictures preferably?

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Single click

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to do it myself. I'm stuck at how to remove the im ntake hoses to get to the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, just the how to?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/7/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

HERE is a link to a video with a complete guide on replacing this. It includes removing the duct work and also the starter itself.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this? I can see you viewed my reply so I wondered.