Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My tail lights keep blowing the fuse. Bulbs are fine. 1997…

Customer Question
My tail lights keep...

My tail lights keep blowing the fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes bulbs are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1997 nissan sentra gxe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just want to how to solve this problem

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/7/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Taillights are usually on the same circuit as the front parking lights, so how can you be sure it's the taillights that are causing the fuse to blow?

Anyhow, try removing all of the bulbs front and rear and see if the fuse still blow.

If so it is short circuit in the wiring.

If not, a bulb may be shorted, so put them back I one at a time until the fuse blows but take a look t each bulb first.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician