Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 nissan rogue front passenger airbag sensor needs

Customer Question
2009 nissan rogue front...

2009 nissan rogue front passenger airbag sensor needs replacement.can sensor be replaced without taking the seat apart or replacing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Yes,airbag light on, my mechanic checked it out and said he needs to pull the seat out and replace sensor..will cost 1800 dollars

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/6/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
It sounds like you're talking about the passenger occupancy detection system and unfortunately you do have to remove the seat and the wiring snakes through the seat, it's free industry-standard on basically all cars