Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I keep getting a P0505 code. Sent in my ECM for

I keep getting a...

I keep getting a P0505 code. Sent in my ECM for repair/replacement, but they told me there is nothing wrong with it. Yet, my idle is completely out of wack. It idles at a 5 when in park, and when driving it idles and revs the engine from a 2-4 back and forth. I have replaced the IACV, the Throttle position sensor, and all the hoses/tubes. I have no idea what to do next. It will not pass emissions......due to the idling issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?

Yies

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 nissan pathfinder It also will rev down like there is air in the gas line

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes... we have replaced all of the intake exhaust systems... and was told that it may be an ECM issue. Which is wasn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be sucking air somewhere? ok cool. thanks.

3/6/2018
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you done any of the diag steps for the code?

Does 5 mean 500 and does 2-4 mean 2000-4000?

We have replaced the throttle body, IAC valve, tubing and cleaned everything. Replaced all gaskets and filters. The only thing we haven't done is check the engine intake manifold vacuum system...And yes, 5 means 5000 Rpms and 2-4 means 2000-4000. Rpms
It also speeds up at random and other times feels like its not getting gas

If you unplug the IAC is the rpm still this high?

Did you do an idle relearn?

No idea... I will have to do that and get back to you. I think we tried to do an idle relearn, but it wasn't working--hence the reason for sending in the ECM to get checked out.

Let me know when you do.

Will do.

Thanks

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I will definitely give you a five-star rating... and will get back to you after I get my ECM back in my car and do another idle relearn procedure and unplug the IAC to check the idle...And thank you! I won't forget!

Thanks

Did you get your ECM back?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Unfortunately not yet... I am expecting it today or tomorrow, then it will be put in this coming weekend. I will get back with you then.

Thanks for the update.