Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Vss issue, is not working, nissan quest 2005, i have the…

Vss issue, is not...

Vss issue, is not working, nissan quest 2005, i have the sensor, but can not find the location

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Yes, p0500, and the speedometer needle is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing my self, i have replaced the revolution sensor , and cam shaft sensor, behind the passenger side front wheel but no change, assuming that these are not the ones, do you know any other location, as i can not locate on top of the transaxle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A diagram will be helpful, thanks

3/5/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic

hi there - looking for a diagram now...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

The vehicle speed comes through the ABS control unit... so this changes the game a little. I'm going to look up the P0500

I'm going to put this back out for another expert.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

the revolution sensor is the vss, is the abs light on also?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
abs actuator has issue, and making motor sound all the time, even when the car is off and locked.
the abs light, the slip and the emergency brake lights are on all the time.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i just took the abs motor fuse out, so abs remains off all the time. the speedometer was working for quite a while after that but suddenly stops working and got the above error, for VSS sensor. thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am satisfied with your conclusion. its all make sense now.
the ABS module is in a hard to reach location. is there is a way to get it from removing the driver side wheel and plastic cover, to get there from behind. thanks.

standby

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the used module, is there special reason to used new one? is there programming involved with the new one? thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry, my mistake, i was talking about the passenger side wheel and taking the cover off. correction

I know which side you were talking about. the reason for using a new one is that through the years I have found its a 50/50 shot of the used one working

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
understand, thanks.

you will need to access it through the top , meaning the cowl and wiper linkages will need removed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the diagrams are very helpful. i did the same procedure, when replacing the spark plugs. this will take 4 to 6 hours.
thanks. one last question, is there a way to not to replace the ABS module and still make the speedometer working, like resting something. as since the speedometer was working for quite a while after the ABS module broke. I am just wondering, if it is possible. thanks.

Standby

I cannot find a way of making the speedometer work without the inputs and outputs of the VSS,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you David. I am very satisfied, and now I know what to do. thanks very much.

you are very welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician
david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician