Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Having problem. 2004 nissan murano jdm

Having problem Mechanic's Assistant:...

Having problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 nissan murano jdm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

when i start the car in morning its works fine, after a while when engine gets warn it starts missing in low rpm .. however in higher rpm its fine..
3/1/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What size engine do you have?

Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes set?

Engine Model is VQ35DE, computer scan done but no error codes found, neither engine light turned on ..
size of engine is 3.5 litre

The 3.5 has known issues with failing coils and that can cause this type of misfire you are having. If you can connect a full scan tool to the computer system and look at the misfire monitor you should be able to detect which cylinder and or cylinders is dropping out. Are you able to do this?

no i have not touched anything since i couldnt read any faulty codes, i was assuming if shaft sensors or spark plugs or mass air flow sensors could be it..

This type of misfire is in most cases caused by either a failing coil or a bad spark plug. If you can look at the misfire count on a scan tool it will tell you which cylinder is dropping out. If you can determine which cylinder it is the best way to know if the coil is failing would be to swap it out for a cylinder that is not misfiring and if the misfire moves then that means the coil is bad.

okay i will get my coils checked thans
let you know if it works

Okay, I'm here all day if needed. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician