Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will not start security indicator light blinking. 2010

Will not start security...

Will not start security indicator light blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2010 Nissan Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Start it -

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have had no problem - hook up jumper cables

Is somebody there
2/16/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

the anti theft could be triggered for low battery , key fob battery ,door switches , locks etc ti many parts involved ?

have you checked main battery for 12 volts ? if it was dead or low recharge it and try to reset it using below procedure

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if that does not work then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat