Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I need to recharge the A/C. I can't find in the manual where…

Customer Question
I need to recharge...

I need to recharge the A/C. I can't find in the manual where to attach the feeder tube.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes, I need to boost it and have acan of refrigerant.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just need to know where I attach feeder hose from the can of refrigerant to the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it. As I cannot find it in the manual.

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Nissan
2/6/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so here is a video that will explain how to add the refrigerant, I would recommend getting something with dye in it so you can find the leak when it leaks back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd4I9XGVCU

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician