Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ya so i changed the thermastat on 2001 nissan altima an now…

Hi ya so i...

Hi ya so i changed the thermastat on 2001 nissan altima an now it over heats and slowly leaks fluid it might be the seal but wondering where the bleader plugss are

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

Green and 50/50 mix it looks like its coming from around the thermastat area but could be the upper hose

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ya fixing it myself i have replaced the lower radiator hose and clamps replaced the thermastat housing and seal and of course the thermastat

1/22/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

ok

di you use silicon to seal the thermostat

yep the grey kind

there is no bleeder valve for this car you should use a radiator funnel on the rad to bleed the system

how long did you wait before you start the car after you seal the thermostat

over night

do you have a radiator pressure tester

no but could get one

t​hta would be the best way to see where the leak is coming from get the tester and pump the system up the 20 psi this will help with locating the leak

ok i will do that

ok do you have any more questions

nope not until after i do that.

ok please remember to rate the service as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks .

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech