Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan 5.6l and it won’t start it will…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2008 Nissan Titan 5.6l and it won’t start it will turn over but will not start. I check for fuel pressure an there is none so I sprayed some started fluid in the throttle body and it looked to turnover so I figured it was the fuel pump so I ordered one just replaced it an still no fuel pressure. I was looking for a fuel pump relay but I don’t see it can you tell me what might be the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

Truck has about 48000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also changed the crank sensor thinking that was the problem

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping yo today

did you have the service engine soon light on ?

r u there ?

what are the codes you have

Not getting any codes

if the light is on you should have code did you scan the car a?

The light never came on
I do have a scan tool but it’s reading anything cause the truck won’t start

o​k did you check for power to the pump

No power to the pump

what is the color of the wire that you check for power

Black an yellow

ok let me check this

y​ou can check for power coming from the relay to the pump at pin number 13 in the ipdm

what does that mean I have to replace that
Do you have a picture of it

a​lso check the fuel pump fuse in the same box

The furs is good should I get power from pin 19 with key on or off

you need t be cranking the engine when your checking for power it should be battery voltage

if you have ground and no power replace the ipdm as a unit

This part can go bad just like that
Do you have a part number for it

any part can go bad just like that yes

let me check for that

284b6ze00c price at dealer $212

do you have any more questions /?

r u there

Ok thank you that’s it

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please use the rating button on the top of the chat page

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hey I just got the ipdm from Nissan an the truck still won’t start. Help
Did you the k the open at pin number 13 as i told you to
Sorry I don’t understand the question
Sorry did you check for power at pin 13 at the ipdm
Where is pin again I don’t remember
Can you send me a diagram
Ok but I cant do that right away as i am away from my computer
Ok
Does the key need to be on?
I found number 13 on a diagram you had sent me.
With the key off no power with the key on no power
Ok did you check the fuse
The fuel pump fues? Yes,this a brand new ipdm
Could there be another fues? is there a fusible link that could be the problem?

NO THERE IS A FUSE AND A REALY ALL IN THE IPDM . DID YOU DO THIS TEST FOR POWER AT PIN 13 WHILE SOMEONE IS CRANKING THE ENGINE OVER BECAUSE IT HAVE TO BE DONE THAT WAY

Ok no I did not I will have to try that when I get home from work.

OK LET ME KNOW

Hey i just checked pin 13 with the truck swinging and no power

what color is the wire your checking because this do not make since it means the ipdm is bad but you replace it

The wire is black with a yellow stripe

the check was done with the engine cranking correct

Now the new one I got is a different color it doesn’t even have the same amount of relays. But all the plug line match. When i ordered it from Nissan they said that this one was the updated version to the one I have.
I had a friend of mine crank the engine while I had a test light on the wire the test light never lite once.
The last picture I sent with the ipdm in a cream color is the old the new one I got is black.

the color did check at some point i would not worry about that

check for ground at pin 46

look like that is in the small white contactor

pin 46 is a gray wire beside a orange wire this is the only other reason for no power from the ipdm

r u there

Can you call me

ok

i cannot call international

can you call

What number can I call you at
p>

ok