Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I'm getting a multiple misfire code. P0300. Just started…

Customer Question
I'm getting a multiple...

I'm getting a multiple misfire code

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

P0300

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Just started recently. 2008 titan pro 4x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've replaced all the spark plugs the ignition coils and also the upstream and downstream O2 sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm about to run some heat or seafoam through the gas tank.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
1/21/2018
Nissan Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 1 month ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks off the intake manifold ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope. How?

Since you already have replaced both of the most common items yo cause that fault i recommend you clean the throttle flap remove the intake hose off the throttle body and clean both sides of the throttle flap with throttle body cleaner , and check for leaks off the intake manifold with the vehicle running use brake clean to spray around the intake and see if the idle changes if it does this indicates a vacuum leak . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My check engine light only flashes whenever I am revving the engine at 3000 RPMs or more. Then the check engine light goes off while in idle. Any other ideas?

Ok you are misfire under load only does your scan tool tell you what cylinder is misfiring ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It reads multiple misfire

OK but can you check the misfire count for every single cylinder with your scan tool ?? some simple ones are not capable of doing this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Random multiple misfire.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also the pressure sensor circuit code c1142
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be the camshaft position position sensor?

If you had a faulty camshaft sensor you would get a fault for it also , the pressure sensor should not cause the misfire code check what i suggested and then also try to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check too see if you are loosing fuel pressure under load just to make sure the fuel pump is not starting to fail , if all that checks out then you are going have to check internal components like having a compression and cylinder leakage test done .I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician