Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just changed the engine upper harness out and it will not…

Customer Question
Just changed the engine...

Just changed the engine upper harness out and it will not start, i do not hear the fuel pump priming upon ignition (first difference noticed), it crank's but it will not turn over. I have continuity at the fuel pump harness, and it worked fine before the swap. I pulled codes 21, and 34. 34 makes sense to me as the knock sensor plug is not plugged in yet, but the ignition code has me stumped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

91. KADE s13

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes double checked all sensor plugs, cross refrenced with the old harness i took out. used oHM meter to fish around didnt find anything out of the ordinary but it will not start for me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not particularly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 day by:
1/22/2018
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure the correct harness was installed.If an incorrect harness was installed this may be causing this fault here.Also, make sure no connection terminals were bent when plugged in and that all connectors are plugged in properly.If this is or was all already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician