Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Pathfinder that the front passenger door will…

I have a 2006 Pathfinder...
I have a 2006 Pathfinder that the front passenger door will not open from the inside or outside handles, it is stuck closed. I've tried unlocking it manually, with the key fob, and int. switch; but no luck. I can't get the interior panel all the way off but was able to get in and spray with wd-40...still nothing. It happened over the holidays when it was below 20 degrees for for a couple of weeks. Any advise on how I can open the door?
1/21/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is most commonly caused by a bad door latch assembly. When you try to get the interior door panel off, you need to swing it up like a Lambo door to slips it out. Once you get the door finisher off, then you can work on accessing the bottom part of the latch assembly where the inside door handle cable goes into it. That lever gets stuck and that is what keeps the door from opening inside or out. But you will need to replace the door latch assembly to resolve your issue. I have a video on how it's done. Would you like me to share it with you?

I've tried to swing the panel like a Lambo door, but have not been able to get it free from the bottom. I'm worried I'll break the panel. If you have a video of this, that would be great!

The bottom of the door is only held on by plastic door clips. Do you know if you got all the other fasteners out?

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician