Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Nissan Xterra V6 automatic have a fault code P0300

random misfire and P0328 Knock...
2003 Nissan Xterra V6 automatic have a fault code P0300 random misfire and P0328 Knock sensor circuit high Bank 1also cylinder 4 misfire I don't have the code for that one, engine running like if the timing is off a bid, engine running very weak will stall and die in idle if I don't rub it up, when running no power Wii not shift properly almost like in limp mode, I tested cylinder 4 I got spark but no fuel injector could be out but I don't think one injector will make it run that bad, any clues? Thank you
1/19/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey Victor

how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

the fuel injector not working will cause this misfire ?

click on link for a complete step by step troubleshoot for DTC P0300

it will not shift proper if we have a misfire especially the p0300, random multiple misfire

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

now the ECM is the one that pulses the injector ,are you missing ground or power on fuel injector ?

click on link to view wiring circuit diagram for injectors ?

I will fix it my self and looking for the most common possible cause how about the knock sensor can this be the problem?

The knock sensor P0328 is after the P0300, so we have to fix P0300

if we only had P0328 then yes, the knocking is happening or the fault showing because we are misfiring

What are you losing on the injectors power or ground ?

do you have any experience with a test light and looking for power and ground ?

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

What are the most common causes for this random misfire

2003 Nissan-Datsun Truck Xterra 2WD

V6-3.3L (VG33E)

• Vehicle
  • Probable Cause

P0300

ItemDescription

Symptom/DTCP0300

Descriptor

Probable Causes

• Engine Compression
  • Fuel Injector
  • Fuel Level Low
  • Fuel Pressure
  • Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) 1
  • Ignition Secondary Signal Circuit Open or Shorted
  • Injector Circuit Open or Shorted
  • Intake Air Leak
  • Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Hose Disconnected or Loose
  • Signal Plate (Flywheel)
  • Spark Plug

With that said ,if no ground on ecm to injectors ,replace ecm ,common issue on high mileage ones

& intake gasket leaks .do a vacuum leak test on intake and all vacuum lines

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO TEST P0300

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

One othet i noticed when rubbing up the engine I can hear like a knocking noise close to cylinder 4 or driver side can this be part of the misfire

is this the cylinder with no injector working

check compression on that cylinder , i would check all of them

Cool stuff I will start trouble shooting. Can I test the injector connectors with a noid light? Will that tell me if good juice getting to injectors

yes noid light perfect & yes it will tell you if the injector is pulsing .

i help you with it,might take some back and forth

read below how to get back in touch victor

You are very welcome :)

Chad Farhat
Hi Chad question if only one injector is bad can that cause this mayor low performance happening?

yes it will .

and if one is bad now and it is a flow issue than I bet the rest are weak

Cool, I got cylinder 4 it's dead got spark but is either no fuel or one valve not opening, how do I check injector connector in that side if intake it's in the way

this is the wiring circuit showing each injector and its connection to ecm, the wires are colored and there is also pin # on the ecm , to know where on pcm I also sent you the pcm connector pin out , in this case your injectors are pin # 102,104,109,111,106 & 114

instead testing from injectors since u can not access cause intake in the way , then test it on ecm side

ok that will be in # 113 not 114

Hi Chad thanks for all the info cool stuff, hey I'm doing the compression test right now so far I did 4 and 3 cylinder well cylinder I'm showing 0 compression cylinder 3 I got 60 I will do a few but what you think so far why suddenly compression is too low

not good 0 , needs 128 to 170 psi

sound you jumped timing

check timing marks

The conclusion I'm getting maybe timmung is off and valves not closing
Is there any easy way check timming with out removing front cover

these are timing marks

that will be a no , take cover off ,not that bad

Okay I will do that, the scary question is there any chance that any of valves could hit the piston like in some 4 cylinder engines?

you are asking if this is a interference engine or not ?

It Is Victor ,so piston to valve damage possible ,

some time they bend sometime they dont

if belt jumped ,replace ,re-time it and see you get compression back before you put it all back together,you might get lucky

Okay hoping for the best I really appreciate all you help and knowledge I put you in my favorites and ask you a new question soon
stay positive
No worries man I appreciate the business I m on here daily so just ask for me talk to u soon
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat