Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

On a 2004 Nissan Frontier it has a P1444 and when I gas up…

On a 2004 Nissan Frontier...
On a 2004 Nissan Frontier it has a P1444 and when I gas up it takes about 30 seconds of cranking to start back. After that is starts perfect every time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a 3.3 engine in it
1/18/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This code is for the evap purge solenoid. Basically it's job is to open to allow the engine vacuum to pull the fuel vapors from the charcoal canister under specific circumstances.

If it's stuck open, then when you fill the tank, it's allowing the vapors to flow into the intake and essentially flooding the engine. It should start better if you hold the gas pedal to the floor after you fill it up.

In most cases the solenoid itself is the issue, it's mounted under the hood on the engine.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician