Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 06 nissan pathfinder,the book say the gas tank

I have a 06...

I have a 06 nissan pathfinder,the book say the gas tank capacity is 21 gal but I'm only able to put 14 gal,I already try to wait until the light came on but still the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Gas light empty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took off the vapor canister,I clean every thin in there with air and wd40 but still

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before I clean it I had a code p0448, after I clean I reset the check engine light and it did not come back again,that happen two days ago,but the tank still not getting full

1/16/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Ok there's a TSB that applies to this fault

so its quite possible there's a fault with the tank breather / ventilation system

and I suspect the vent line on the filler neck is blocked and / or the purge valve line is blocked

TSB can be found here

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/I/1VI38.PDF

unfortunately you need the dealer software to test the functionality

Matt, Engineer
but the gas gauge mark full tank

Well

the tank sensor can be effected by high internal pressure inside the tank so if there's a big air bubble that can't escape this can alter the fuel level reading as it pushes down on the level sensor