Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can not start my car. I put the key in and I can not turn…

Customer Question
I can not start...

I can not start my car. I put the key in and I can not turn the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the wheel. I have two keys and I tried the other key it would not work. No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 Nissian Sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried lighter, hair dryer and 3 in 1 lock dry lube

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The temp. here is 14 degrees

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/16/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

You have tried Most of the stuff we use for that ISSUE HERE

For 14 degrees , What works best is the DEICER CAN AT LOCAL PARTS STORE AND USE THE CAN PLASTIC TUBE AND STICK IN THE LOCK AND SPRAY INSIDE OF IT ,IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THAT ALREADY

I can not get to a parts store. I have tried 3 in 1 lock dry lube.

cylinder is froze obviously , you need to keep trying hair dryer and lube

was car parked outside ?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician