Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2005 Nissan altima 3.5 that won't start. There is…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Nissan altima 3.5 that won't start. There is no power to the fuel pump, I checked all the fuses and everything looks good. I replaced the camshaft position sensor and tried to started with startup fluid and won't start. It feels like if the security system is on but is not. There is no security light on the dashboard.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no horse power loss at all if it is what you mean.. I was driving the car fine, one night parked the car and the next morning won't start..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'am and I have done what I wrote on my first text..

1/16/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Have you checked spark while cranking or attempted starter fluid?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not yet
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would rather keeping the conversation by text
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already did starter fluid and nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess you left... Bye now...
I am here, sorry am helping someone else at the same time.
If you used starter fluid, then it’s likely a spark issue but we should confirm that.
Assuming spark is missing then it’s almost always related to one of the cam sensors on these engines.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I was at work..
There is no spark but the camshaft sensor on the cylinder head was replaced as well..
Hey, glad to hear back from you.There are 2 camshaft sensors, did you replace them both?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello again,
No, I only replaced one.. The one that goes on the cylinder head.. Some one at the autoparts told me that if I disconected the battery, the I would have to take the car to the dealer to reprogram the computer.. Is this right? I disconected the battery at the beginning to avoid any posible damage to other electrical parts..
Your Nissan Altima is a V-6 it has two cam sensors one on each cylinder head. Disconnecting the battery will not hurt anything it will just reset your radio presets and your trip odometer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How about the crank position sensor? Do I need to replace it as well?

nope, they rarely fail.

lets start with cam sensors they are common,

Checking to see if you still needed assistance?

If not please just leave me a kind rating!

thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I had to go out of town and will be back in a few days and will try to replace the other camshaft sensor too.. Thank you for all your support!
Your most welcome, talk to you then.
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician