Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to replace spark plugs but not sure if I need do gap…

Customer Question
I want to replace...

I want to replace spark plugs but not sure if I need do gap the plugs and if so what would that gap setting be? 2002 Nissan sentra specV

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

About 170K when last replaced unkown

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I can do small stuff I have to get car thru smog in cal.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/16/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

First off you want to make sure you use NGK spark plugs. Is that what you got?

NGK PLFR5A-11 is what you want to use and they should be gaped at 1.1mm or 0.043 in

If you use any other brand spark plug, it can cause misfire codes.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician