Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just told u but closed the window on accident. 2000 xterra…

I just told u...

I just told u but closed the window on accident

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2000 xterra 3.3l with 179 thousand miles stuck in 5th

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yes and yes i am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just got it

1/15/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is this a manual or automatic?

Manual 5 speed

have someone depress the clutch and watch the slave cylinder to make sure it opens all the way

also is it sitting on a incline?

A slight incline now but it wasn't yesterday when I got it and the problem was already here I had to get it towed ive never driven it

so you bought it with it stuck in gear?

ok have you checked the slave cylinder yet?

Not yet

ok do that next and let me know what you find

it moves all the way but the seal around it moves to every time it goes in and out

so next the trans needs to be pulled and the clutch inspected for issues if thats ok and still stuck in gear it will need a rebuild

Would the camshaft or the Knox or 02 sensors cause that

unfortunately no

I read online a bunch of threads that it goes into safe mode and locks it in gear

thats for a automatic and they are referring to a shift lock mechanism which yours is a different setup completely

it needs a new clutch how much dose that cost?

I dont know if it does it will have to be pulled to find out, and are you asking a shop price or just parts and you doing it ?

Parts

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,2000,pathfinder,3.3l+v6,1364138,transmission-manual,clutch+kit,1993

Its about 120 for a decent kit and thats if the flywheel is ok if not thats another 50$

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician