Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to figure out if I should use the RCA cables or…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure...

I'm trying to figure out if I should use the RCA cables or the speaker wire when replacing my Nissan Xterra OEM stero. ... stereo

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the car. I just got a Pioneer double-DIN to replace it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Xterra?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. I have the wiring harnesses and am about to solder all the wires. My concern is that I thought the Rockford Fosgate had its own power amp, under the seat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/13/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, if you have the RF system it should have the amplifier. All the speaker wires run through the amp and therefore you need the amp - on signal for it to work. Did you not buy the quick connectors? your going to wire it yourself?